Click on an event to learn more or scroll down to view all
RSVP with DT Magee at
Just a friendly reminder that the Norwalk "Day on the Hill" is scheduled for Tuesday, February 5. I will be at the Capitol from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.. Unfortunately, I will not be able to transport anyone up to the Capitol this year.
Here is some important information:
- I will station myself in the middle of the rotunda on the first floor of the Capitol starting at 7:30 a.m. Please feel free to call me at (515) 493-8643 if you have any trouble finding me as there will be a large group of educators at the Capitol on Tuesday.
- I am still working to secure a time and location for our delegation to meet with our legislators. As soon as I have that information, I will send it out to the group.
- Parking at the Capitol this time of the year can be tricky, so dress warm as you may need to walk outside for awhile. Here is a parking map for the Capitol complex: http://publications.iowa.gov/1644/1/capitol_parking.pdf
- NHS students will be picked up at the front door of the HS between 8:15 am and 8:30 am and transported to the Capitol. The students will depart the Capitol at 11:15 am.
- I will bring some city/chamber/school brochures for distribution.
Yours in service,
Duane (D.T.) Magee
Norwalk Community School District
Office: (515) 981-0676
380 Wright Road
Norwalk, IA 50211
A GrowNorwalk Ambassador meeting will take place at EXIT Realty North Star. Learn strategies on how to welcome new members into the chamber which enhance our welcoming spirit. All Norwalk Chamber members are welcome to become Ambassadors. Contact the chamber office with questions.
Wednesday, February 20th at 7:00pm
Norwalk Performing Arts Center
Join the Lion's Club for their annual lobster, shrimp, and steak dinner on February 23rd. Contact David Lester (515-681-4929) or Alan Waugh (515-981-5241). Send in your order form by Wednesday, February 13th to reserve your spot.
11:30 am | Networking
12:00 pm | Live Stream
Click Here to Register